- Technical day on the consequences of changes to the seismic code December 6, 2016
Save the date! The AFGC, the AFPS and GiS Lirgec are organising a technical day on the consequences of changes to the seismic code, to be held at Centrale Nantes on 6th December 2016.
- Centrale Nantes is organising the ARFITEC 2016 forum November 2, 2016 - November 5, 2016
Centrale Nantes is organising and hosting the Arfitec 2016 forum from 2nd to 5th November. Arfitec is a bilateral programme for cooperation between France and Argentina.
- 19th "Numerical Towing Tank Symposium" (NuTTS'16) October 3, 2016 - October 4, 2016
This year, Centrale Nantes, CNRS and the LHEEA (Hydrodynamics, Energetics & Atmospheric Environment Laboratory) are organising the 19th Numerical Towing Tank Symposium. The conference covers the numerical simulation of flows around ships and offshore structures, with a strong link to realistic applications.
- INDIA 2016 - Master's Admission Tour - Fall Session September 29, 2016 - October 5, 2016
Meet with Ms. Cyrielle Rohart in India to get information regarding the Centrale Nantes Masters.
- Cruise on the river "Erdre" for the Master's students September 22, 2016
The Centrale Nantes Master's programmes with the International Office and ACCENTS invite the Masters students for a CRUISE on the river Erdre on Friday 22 September 2016.
- The 21st “Journées d'ingénierie biomédicale” (Biomedical Engineering Days) in Nantes September 21, 2016 - September 23, 2016
The “Journées d'ingénierie biomédicale” (Biomedical Engineering Days) have become the key annual meeting for biomedical engineers and their industrial partners, manufacturers and suppliers. Centrale Nantes is taking part in the upcoming 21st edition which will be held from 21 to 23 September in Nantes.
- Centrale Nantes to host EUCOMES 2016 September 20, 2016 - September 23, 2016
The 6th European Conference on Mechanism Science will be held on the Centrale Nantes campus from 20th to 23rd September.
- Centrale Nantes and Groupe Renault to announce a new Industrial Chair September 12, 2016
Groupe Renault & Centrale Nantes will inaugurate the Chair on "Performance of electric propulsion for automobiles" on Monday 12 September 2016 on the school campus.
- Centrale Nantes and Renault to develop the electric and hybrid engines of the future September 12, 2016
On 12 September 2016 Centrale Nantes and Renault launched the first Research Chair dedicated to the propulsion performance of electric vehicles.
- A.Z. Bendimerad recipient of the Best Short-Term Scientific Mission award September 8, 2016
Dr. Ahmed Z. Bendimerad, research engineer at Centrale Nantes, with the Edycem Industrial Chair, received the Best Short-Term Scientific Mission award on 24 August at the Technical University of Denmark.
- Welcome to the 2016 Master's Intake September 2, 2016 - September 8, 2016
A ceremony to welcome all new students on the Master's programmes was held on 7th September 2016.
A welcome by the Head of each Master is also organised (dates and times by Master below).
- Welcome to the first year international students September 1, 2016
The 82 first year international engineering students have arrived on campus.
- Foundation Master Launch September 1, 2016
The teaching and administrative staff held their launch meeting for the Foundation Master 2016 on 1st September. The team will welcome the class of 41 students from 5th September.
- FORESEA project opens first call for support package applications July 27, 2016 - September 21, 2016
27 July 2016. The €11m FORESEA programme opened its first call for support package applications today. Successful applicants will receive free access to test ocean energy technologies in real sea conditions at the projects network of open sea test centres. The programme is funded through Interreg NWE, part of the European Regional Development Fund.
- New European programme to fund open sea testing for ocean energy July 14, 2016 - August 31, 2016
14 July. Brussels. The €11m FORESEA project brings together Europe’s leading ocean energy test facilities to help demonstration of tidal, wave and offshore wind energy technologies in real-sea conditions. The project is funded by the Interreg NWE (North-West Europe) programme, part of the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund).
- The construction of France’s first offshore wind turbine is officially underway June 1, 2016 - June 30, 2016
Floatgen is the first wind turbine to be installed off the French coast. Equipped with a floating foundation designed by the French expert, Ideol, and built by Bouygues Travaux Publics in Saint-Nazaire Port, it will be installed on the Centrale Nantes offshore test site, SEM-REV, off the coast from Le Croisic. The construction was officially launched on 1st June at a ceremony organised on the side-lines of the annual Renewable Marine Energies conference.
- Type 1 Diabetes: towards an artificial pancreas, made in Nantes May 26, 2016
Type 1 diabetes affects 200 000 people in France today. Research is focusing on an artificial pancreas to bring them some relief on a daily basis and simplify the administering of medicine. Researchers at Centrale Nantes have been working on the subject for several years and are today advocating Nantes’ version of the artificial pancreas, based on ease of use for patients and doctors alike.
- Health - a myocontrolled bionic hand May 23, 2016
IRCCyN researchers are currently working on a robotic hand that is controlled naturally by the brain. (IRCCyN - Communication and Cybernetics Research Institute of Nantes, involving Nantes University – Centrale Nantes – the National Centre for Scientific Research - Mines Nantes).
- BIOPRINTING: A ONE-OF-A-KIND MACHINE ON THE CENTRALE NANTES CAMPUS May 12, 2016
With an already strong reputation in additive manufacturing, Centrale Nantes took possession of a one-of-a-kind bioprinting machine on 10th May 2016, marking a new phase in the school’s history.
- EMSHIP student wins first prize at TRA VISIONS 2016 May 12, 2016
The six edition of the bi-annual TRA (Transport Research Arena), dedicated to transport research in Europe, was held in Poland from 18th to 21st April 2016.
- Two students from the civil engineering specialisation selected for Bouygues Construction’s INTERNational Program April 28, 2016
Congratulations to Centrale Nantes students, Sarah and Nadia, who have been selected to join the INTERNational Program and enjoy a rewarding personal and professional experience with Bouygues Construction.
- 3D-Surg Project: The operating theatre of the future April 28, 2016
Centrale Nantes continues its involvement in the health sector through several research projects including the national project 3D-Surg (2015-2020).
- Centrale Nantes is organising the 19th ESAFORM Conference April 27, 2016 - April 29, 2016
Centrale Nantes is organising the 19th edition of the ESAFORM (European Scientific Association for Material Forming) Conference, to be held in Nantes from 27 to 29 April.
- Helping stroke patients to recover April 21, 2016
Centrale Nantes researchers, in collaboration with Nantes University Hospital, are contributing to efforts to improve the rehabilitation of stroke patients.
- CENTRALE NANTES STANDS OUT IN THE 2016 U-MULTIRANK April 7, 2016
Centrale Nantes is ranked 6th globally for student mobility, with strong performance highlighted in two categories – knowledge transfer and international orientation.
- Bioinformatics: research on multiple myeloma – a cancer that starts in the bone marrow April 7, 2016
Centrale Nantes has been involved in health for many years. MeForBio, a research team specialising in bioinformatics, is undertaking research together with the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM) to find out more about multiple myeloma, a cancer that starts in the bone marrow.
- Call for papers 19th "Numerical Towing Tank Symposium" (NuTTS 16) March 30, 2016
This year, Centrale Nantes, the CNRS and LHEEA (Hydrodynamics, Energetics & Atmospheric Environment Laboratory) is organising the 19th Numerical Towing Tank Symposium, which will be held on Oléron island, on the French west coast, from 3 October to 4 October 2016. Contribute to the call for papers!
- Centrale Nantes in the top 7 French engineering schools and no.1 for digital science and civil engineering March 23, 2016
According to the 'Usine Nouvelle' 2016 ranking of French engineering schools Centrale Nantes is 7th overall and 1st for digital science and civil engineering.
- A major Kenyan delegation at Centrale Nantes March 23, 2016
Centrale Nantes will welcome a major delegation of 10 Kenyan Professors on the 23rd March, an excellent opportunity to explore future collaboration.
- I-SITE NExT submission March 10, 2016
The University of Nantes, Centrale Nantes, Nantes University Hospital and Inserm have joined forces to launch the NExT (Nantes Excellence Trajectory) initiative. On 9 March 2016, the four founding partners submitted their joint application for the second wave of the call for projects within the PIA2 framework (Investment for the future programme).
- Violent Flows 2016 - recognition for a PhD student in Japan March 9, 2016 - March 11, 2016
Corentin Hermange, PhD student at the LHEEA Laboratory (Hydrodynamics, Energetics & Atmospheric Environment), received the best student paper award at the "Conference on Violent Flows" held in Osaka, Japan from 9th to 11th March.
- Folle Journée de l'imagerie 2016 February 2, 2016
(Extraordinary day of imaging, 2016). The objective of this first edition is to bring together the different scientists in the Nantes area whose research is focused on imaging.
- FRANCISCO CHINESTA AT THE CITÉ DES SCIENCES ET DE L'INDUSTRIE January 23, 2016 - January 24, 2016
Francisco Chinesta has been invited to participate in the first edition of the ‘Journée nationale de l'innovation en santé’ (Innovation in health day) hosted at the ‘Cité des sciences et de l'industrie’ on 23 and 24 January.
- 10-VINS - NANTES-BASED START-UP - DISTINGUISHED AT CES 2016 IN LAS VEGAS January 10, 2016
10-vins, a start-up of the Centrale-Audencia-ensa business incubator, receives the "Best Start-up Award" at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
- Panagiotis KOTRONIS awarded the AFPS prize December 3, 2015
Congratulations to Panagiotis KOTRONIS, Professor at Centrale Nantes and member of the Research Institute of Civil Engineering and Mechanics (GeM). In recognition of his research, he has been awarded the AFPS (French Association for Earthquake Engineering) prize.
- Conference Centrale de Sciences: 'Harnessing wave energy: an old concept, a challenge for today " October 14, 2015
by Aurélien Babarit from Centrale Nantes
on October 14, 2015 at 8:30
Place: Lieu Unique, Nantes
- Centrale Nantes opens its doors on October 10, 2015 October 10, 2015
In the frame of the Science Day, Centrale Nantes opens its doors to the public on October 10, 2015.
Free entrance from 2pm to 6 pm.
- 2015 Nantes Digital Week September 17, 2015 - September 27, 2015
Nantes Digital Week is coming up in 2 weeks. For those of you interested in digital art, technology, culture...
Sophie SAKKA, Professor at Centrale Nantes will lead the Robotics Day.
- 13th conference "Computational Methods for Systems Biology" September 16, 2015 - September 18, 2015
The conference brings together computer scientists, biologists, mathematicians, engineers and physicists interested in a system-level understanding of biological processes.
- EWTEC 2015 - 11th European Wave & Tidal Energy Conference September 6, 2015 - September 11, 2015
The 11th EWTEC conference topics span the field of wave and tidal energy research, ranging from theoretical physics, through technical aspects, to social and economical subjects.