Modelling and simulation of natural phenoma
Characterisation of the ambiances
Design of the ambiances
WEBSITE : http://www.cerma.archi.fr/CERMA/englishintroduction
Created in 1971
Research laboratory of Nantes School of Architecture (Ministry of Culture) and CNRS
French National Centre for Scientific Research (Ministry of Research and Education).
Over 40 members : 35 researchers and PhD students who come from various fields (architecture, environnemental engineering, physics, computer science, geography),
Partnership with CRESSON Laboratory
in Grenoble inside the joint research CNRS unit n°1563 "Architectural and Urban Ambient Environment"
Research field specialized in ambiances : the environment comfort which results from the user's perception and the interpretation of the physical state of the architectural or urban space
Fundamental research topics :
- Modelling and simulation of natural phenoma such as sun light, solar energy, heat, wind, noise and soundscape,
- Characterisation of the ambiances,
- Design of the ambiances : CAD, actors and doctrines, Applied research : development of softwares for the simulation and the analysis of the natural phenomena and CAD tools.
CERMA and CRESSON lead the International Ambiances Network "Ambiances.net"
, which aims at structuring and developing the research field of architectural and urban ambiances, with twenty international team members(Germany, Brazil, Canada, United States, ...).
- Robotics, Image, Signal et Automatics (ISA) covers 3 teams : Command, Analysis and Decision in Signal Processing (ADTS), Image et Video Communications (IVC)
- Mechanical and Productive Systems (SMP) covers 2 teams : Robotics and CMAO Productics (CMAOP)
- Production Systems (SdP) composed of 3 teams : Analysis and Command of Discreet Events Systems (ACSED), Logistic and production Systems (SLP) and Real Time Systemsl (STR)
- Electronic Systems, Telecom and Radar (SETRA) covers 2 teams : Telecommunication and Radar and Polarimetry
Today, the Institute employs approximately 190 people, of which 89 are researchers and lecturer-researchers, 82 are doctorates and 18 are engineers, technicians or administrative staff.