Urban Architecture Nantes Research Centre (AAU)
- On the Internet :
General informationAffiliated institutions :
Authority : Ministère de la Culture, Centrale Nantes, CNRS
Reference : CRENAU laboratory is the Nantes team of UMR 1563 CNRS / MCC / ECN "Ambiances Architectures Urbanités" with CRESSON laboratory, at the National School of Architecture of Grenoble since 2015.
Researchers work on housing, living environment and urban public spaces. They cover a wide range of competences in architecture, urban planning, physical sciences, computer graphics, sociology, anthropology, history, arts.
CRENAU and CRESSON lead the International Ambiances Network "Ambiances.net" , which aims at structuring and developing the research field of architectural and urban ambiances, with twenty international team members (Germany, Brazil, Canada, United States, etc).
CRENAU is involved in a partnership with the Institute for Research on Urban Sciences and Techniques, IRSTV -,founded by CNRS, which leads an interdisciplinary research in the field of urban environment.
CRENAU is involved in the research master programmes of Nantes School of architecture and particularly in the specialisation in "Perceptible atmosphere and urban forms" of the master of Sciences and Techniques on Urban Environment, which relies on researchers and scientific and research facilities of CRENAU.
- STRATEGIC THEMES
- Ocean engineering and MRE
- Computer Science and Automation
- Energy and Engines
- Manufacturing and Additive Manufacturing
- Civil Engineering and Innovative Concrete
- Materials Science and Composites
- Urban Environment
- Numerical Simulation and High Performance Computing
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- RESEARCH FACILITIES
- INDUSTRIAL CHAIRS
- AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- Research Laboratory in Hydrodynamics, Energetics & Atmospheric Environment (LHEEA)
- LS2N Laboratory (ex IRCCYN and LINA)
- Research Institute in Civil and Mechanical Engineering (GeM)
- High Performance Computing Institute (ICI)
- Urban Architecture Nantes Research Centre (AAU)
- Jean Leray Mathematical Institute
- RESEARCH DEGREES
- RESEARCH IN USE
- RESEARCH NETWORKS AND CLUSTERS