A period of international study or work experience is a compulsory component of the engineering programme at Centrale Nantes. The minimum period is six months, (three months for degree apprenticeships).
What can I do? The different mobility options
Each student can undertake one or more international placements in the following formats:
- Double diploma: students pursuing a double diploma spend two years at Centrale Nantes followed by two years in a university abroad. Successful candidates are awarded the diplomas of both Centrale Nantes and of their host institution. One third of engineering programme students opt for a double diploma programme.
- Exchange year (with ECTS credits awarded) in one of our partner universities through programmes such as Erasmus + for Europe.
- An internship : An increasing proportion of second and third year students complete their internships in companies or universities abroad.
- Semester exchange in an partner university or a work placement abroad (S8)
- Work experience abroad as part of a sandwich course.
Where can I go?
Centrale Nantes is a member of TIME - Top Industrial Managers for Europe - which groups together around forty European higher education establishments, and TIME Overseas: Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, United States of America, Indonesia, Japan.
- ERASMUS + scholarship: available to all Centrale Nantes students undertaking an ERASMUS+ mobility programme of between 2 and 12 months.
- UFA scholarship: Centrale Nantes has an agreement with the Université Franco-Allemande (UFA) whereby Centrale Nantes students receive financial support for their studies at one of the following universities: Technische Universität Darmstadt, Technische Universität München, Technische Universität Berlin, RWTH Aachen, Technische Universität Dresden.
- ENVOLEO scholarship: an agreement with the Pays de la Loire Regional Council which provides financial support for students for international mobility of at leaast three months.
AMI - Aide à la Mobilité Internationale (International mobility support): for scholarship students.
In order to meet the quality requirements of international study/work placements, Centrale Nantes provides individual support for students before, during and after the placement: each student is monitored by a professor at Centrale Nantes for the entire duration of the stay abroad. Students are given help to prepare their mobility: selection, application and funding advice.
Fouad BENNIS, Director of International Relations
+33 2 40 37 25 74