- <Unknown label>,
GeM - Research Institute of Civil Engineering and Mechanics
The GeM is a common institute between Centrale Nantes and the University of Nantes.
- Its mission : organizing the universitary research in the field of Solid Mechanics in the metropole Nantes - Saint Nazaire.
- Its goal : working out a scientific procedure based on the elaboration and the characterization of materials, that includes shaping procedures, and modelling, to obtain calculations of structures and engineering works in their environment.
The research is done in close collaboration with industry, developers or companies specialized in mechanics or civil engineering.
The research is moreover the object of scientific collaboration with other French or foreign research centres, in particular within European programmes or networks.
A technological research team is associated with the GeM. This team (ee) works on the study "Rupture and Durability of Articles". Its mission is to do research and cross-sectorial experiments.
3 RESEARCH TEAMS:
- Polymers, Dynamics and Processing Technology
- Computational Mechanics and "Couplages"
- Metallic and Composites Assemblies