In a progressive environment, where the professions of tomorrow will rely on knowledge that does not exist today, and where this reality is revitalised by a globalisation that requires careful observation of a perpetually changing context, Centrale Nantes strives to share with its students, teachers, researchers, staff, and all its partners three fundamental values...
OpennessCentrale Nantes' ability to adapt and its appetite to seize opportunities and build a constantly evolving project is an essential value for the school and its stakeholders. This openness is multifaceted:
- Openness to differences in culture and thus international connection
- Openness to social, physical or cultural differences, and thus encountering diverse aspects of the world we live in
- Openness to new scientific and technical challenges which, whatever their forms, impart the desire to move forward in an uncertain universe.
EthicsBeyond its necessary contribution to the creation of the wealth of a structure, engineers as well as teachers and researchers have the moral duty to be responsible actors for the future of the planet, for social equilibrium through job creation, for the professional well-being of their employees, and to participate in the responsible edification of the city, its social as well as entrepreneurial fabric.
The message of the School is not only that of corporate social responsibility, but also that of ethics: to provide meaning to one's professional activity, a meaning that can even surpass the self, but that carries the vision that man is at the center of a world which, without ethics, could be under threat.
In 2014, a major debate was organized at the School on the following question: "engineer and citizen or citizen engineer"? The response of the participating students and staff was almost unanimous: an engineer must be intrinsically citizen, the two are inseparable.
CourageThe courage which combines boldness and action is a value which the School aims to inculcate as deeply inherent in the professions practised at the School, as well as those imparted by the School.
- The audacity to imagine the improbable or the risky and, at the same time, the capacity to transform it into reality: thus the new idea and its realization are born.
- the courage to speak out and make oneself heard,
- the courage to initiate and undertake
- the courage to be oneself, that is to say to build one's career path with regard to one's aspirations, without regard to the views of others or current trends.
- WHO WE ARE
- SUPPORT US
- WHY CENTRALE NANTES?
- STUDENT STORIES
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY